- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your exam. If, for any reason, you must cancel or reschedule, please call us at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time.
- Let us know if you are breastfeeding.
- If you have diabetes and are taking insulin, ask your doctor for specific instructions regarding the dosages for the day of your exam.
- If you are on a medically-ordered, fluid-restricted diet, or if you have kidney failure or had a kidney transplant, talk to your primary physician about radiology exam preparation. Your physician may alter instructions and should inform our staff of any changes made in preparation.
- If your scheduled exam requires you to fast beforehand and is scheduled in the afternoon, you may drink 8 to 12 ounces of water around 7:00 AM. Otherwise, do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum before the exam.
What to Bring
- Prescription or referral from your primary care physician
- List of medications you are currently taking, including non-prescription medication and supplements.
- Insurance cards
- Valid photo ID
- Any previous, relevant imaging exams and reports performed outside of our network.
- Medical history, including whether you may currently be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Pathology reports
Ultrasound – Specific Instructions
Drink 32 ounces of water one hour before your exam and do not empty your bladder until the test is complete.
For pregnancies up to 25 weeks, drink 16 ounces of fluid one hour before your exam. Do not empty your bladder until the test is completed. No special preparation is required at or beyond 26 weeks of pregnancy.
Gallbladder and abdominal ultrasound
Do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum for six hours before your exam.
Additional instructions will be given at the time of scheduling.