Clean the Disc
- Dampen a soft cloth or paper towel.Wipe the playing side of the disc with the damp cloth/paper towel.
- Wipe from the inside ring out to the edge in straight wipes. Do not wipe in a circular motion.
- Dry the disc with the same wiping manner. Now try playing the disc.
Try a different DVD player
Sometimes, the DVD format our ultrasound machines use are not compatible with the DVD player you have at home. We use DVD+RW format DVD's to record your movie. If your DVD player doesn't support DVD+RW, don't worry! There are still other ways to play your video. The best way to play the DVD we provide is to use a computer.
How to play the DVD on a Computer
The DVD we provide is burned using the VOB format. Most computers should be able to play VOB files automatically. If your computer doesn't play the video automatically, here is how to get it to work. If you would like a guide with pictures for guidance, here is a great tutorial.
- Open your web browser and visit videolan.org VLC Player is a free, open-source video player that can play virtually any type of video file, including VOB format.
- Click the "Download VLC" button. This should automatically download the correct installer for your operating system. If the wrong installer downloads (for example, if you're using a Mac and an EXE file downloads), click the logo for your operating system underneath the download button.
- Run the VLC installer after downloading it. This will begin the installation process. You can find this file in your Downloads folder, or in your browser's Downloads section.
- Follow the prompts to install VLC. The process is different for Windows and macOS, but you can leave any settings at their defaults.
- Start VLC Player. After installing VLC, open it from your Start menu (Windows) or Applications folder (macOS).
- Click the "Media" (Windows) or "File" (macOS) menu. This will display the menu options for opening media files.
- Select "Open Folder" (Windows) or "Open File" (macOS). This will allow you to open the VIDEO_TS folder that contains your VOB files.
- Browse for the folder containing your VOB files. The folder will usually be labeled VIDEO_TS.
- Open the selected folder to start playing the VOB files. When you open the folder, VLC Player will begin playing the video as if you had inserted the DVD. You'll have access to the DVD menus, special features, chapters, and other bonuses.